Nerves of Steel
Dr. Elko's Nerves of Steel Book
This compelling book by Dr. Elko is a guide on how to become mentally tough when times call for it and how to stay focused on the things that are truly important. It features life-improving strategies, motivation enhancements, and forgiveness strategies. Nerves of Steel addresses these and others life-changing concepts by explaining the step-by-step processes necessary to guide you through the journey we refer to as life.
Why develop Nerves of Steel?
After reading this book, you will understand how to:
- Corral the subject of stress and guide yourself through the step by step process of focusing on the task at hand... similar to how athletes focus on the contest at hand.
- Focus during tense situations, whether raising children, playing the stock market, competing in athletics or just plain enjoying life.
- Develop mental skills to properly focus on your goals in life.
- Motivate yourself to act on your goals.
What are the Steps to Building Nerves of Steel?
- Take Responsibility: the ultimate way to disarm anger and regain power.
- Live Internally. Only you can control your actions and feelings.
- Identify your "68". Find out what makes you tick, and stay focused on it.
- Give away your "68". Once you know what you want, give it to others to receive even more!
- Think about what you think about: you need to practice and program yourself.
- Self Talk. In a "moment of truth", step back, reaffirm and coach yourself through it.
- Practice: keep going back to #1 until you are a better you.